This is a participation sport.
We believe being a citizen in America is a participation sport. Our members are devoted to being part of the restoration of our values. Our members serve as active members, grassroots activates, and as members on our candidate vetting boards.
Join Chasing Freedom – Virginia as a member, serve on our board, lead a coalition or serve on a vetting board to evaluate candidates and serving officials. The menu above has the necessary links.
Chasing Freedom – Virginia is made up of individual citizens and like-minded groups who believe as we do that the Constitution as written and envisioned by our Founding Fathers is a brilliantly even divinely inspired document. Within the Constitution itself and the Bill of Rights.
Chasing Freedom – Virginia members work for the promotion of the social welfare and the common good of all citizens of Virginia, to reinvigorate civic responsibly and to preserve and promote our individual rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as envisioned by our Nation’s Founders in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
What we believe…
• THE CONSTITUTION is the Law of the Land. Our individual rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; as enshrined in the Bill of Rights, serve to limit the government as intended by the Founders.
• RELIGIOUS LIBERTY is a cornerstone of our Constitution and must be protected as an inalienable human right.
• THE 2nd AMENDMENT, serves to protect The People against domestic and foreign oppression and must be protected as an inalienable human right.
• All citizens, in order to realize their fullest potential, are entitled to EQUAL RIGHTS, EQUAL JUSTICE, and EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, not equal outcomes.
• THE FAMILY is the most essential and most empowering organization in our shared human existence.
• ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS and must be protected.
• THE FREE ENTERPRISE system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice. Fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraint must be exercised by all levels of government.
• PEACE is preserved through a STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE.
• GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY is essential to maintain trust and faith with The People.
• OUR HISTORY and the associated memoria serve as guideposts in our journey as a Nation, to serve as reminders of our shared sacrifices and as warnings to future generations
Candidates and Sitting Officials
Answering the call to public service is a noble endeavor and all of us at Chasing Freedom – Virginia thank you for your commitment to your fellow citizens to serve them in public office. This is a formal request for you to fill out a brief informational form (the link is in the menu above) and to participate in a structured interview to give your current or future constituents a chance to get to know you better.
Chasing Freedom – Virginia will be hosting a candidate meet-and-greet on the 20th of February, a candidate forum in April and a debate in March. All candidates will be given equal time.
Chasing Freedom – Virginia is a 501(c)(4) under the United States IRS code. We are an open community organization of Virginia citizens and common cause interest groups. Chasing Freedom – Virginia is not a Republican or Democrat organization. We follow a policy of non-alignment with regard to any specific political party. We will enthusiastically support and promote any individual or organization that shares our values. Our members are dedicated to preserving and promoting our individual rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as envisioned by our nation’s founders.
Our goal is to serve Virginians by providing fulsome information about the politics that directly affect their lives. We will evaluate our representatives currently holding political offices as well as all candidates seeking to hold political offices in Virginia.
We believe in the brilliance of our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the framework contained therein for the preservation and promotion of our social welfare and the common good of all Virginia citizens. With this understanding we plan to passionately reinvigorate civic responsibility and restore “of, by and for the people” to its rightful place in our Republic.
It is our hope that you will complete the appropriate online form available above (currently serving or candidate form) and participate in a structured interview with a small group of our members.
The structured interview will allow you to tell Virginians what your priorities are as well as present yourself completely. All participants will be given the same questions in the same order and delivered in the same manner. Your participation in this process will be presented completely and without interpretation or editorial manipulation.
The interview board will be made up of members of Chasing Freedom – Virginia who have expressed an interest in conducting these interviews in a strictly impartial manner. Upon agreement of participation in a structured interview, we will provide you a survey which will offer you the opportunity to fully articulate your beliefs, values and priorities if you are elected or wish to continue to serve in office. Your complete answers to the initial survey will also be made available to our members.
Our complete interview and vetting board results will be released on the 1st of May and our members will be voting on our endorsed candidate on the 10th of May.
Chasing Freedom – Virginia calendar.
20 February – Candidate meet-and-greet. Location to be determined.
22 March – Candidate Forum via Zoom.
18 March – Candidate Debate via Zoom.
1 May – Candidate Vetting Results released.
10 May – CFV membership endorsement vote.